Jul 21, 2011

Katrina Kaif apologizes for calling Rahul Gandhi as ‘Half-Indian, Half-Italian’

Katrina Kaif’s remarks on Rahul Gandhi calling him as ‘half-Indian’ sparked such controversy that that actress had to finally apologize to the nation for this though it was unintentional and meant no malice.

Katrina had told in an interview to a newspaper, “Am I supposed to be ashamed that I am half-Asian, I mean, no! Rahul Gandhi is half-Indian, half-Italian. So? I am very proud of what I am and I just don’t understand the confusion? as if I’m trying to hide the fact that my mother’s a British. Why would I?”

Her remarks were met with contempt and criticism from Congress and the party spokesperson Manish Tewari sarcastically said, “Who is she? I do not know. Tomorrow, you will ask for our reaction on the statement of Johny Lever. To what level you want to bring down the level of the political discourse in the country?”

To cool down the heat, Katrina apologized on a TV news channel saying, “The comments have been misconstrued. They have been taken out of context. But having said that if I have caused hurt to anyone’s sentiments, I deeply apologies. It was not the intention at all.”

“I will also request the media not to make a controversial issue out of something which was not meant with any intention or malice or any real thought behind it. That’s all I have to say,” she added.



0 comments:

Post a Comment